VOLUNTEERING CAMP EMMAUS AREZZO – JULY/AGOUST 2023
CAMP LOCATION: EMMAUS LATERINA ODV COMMUNITY – VIA LA LUNA. 1 (52020), LATERINA PERGINE VALDARNO (AR)
Tel: 0575896558 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org –
Laterina Community, one of the oldest (50 years old), invites volunteers to share Emmaus life style of community and its civic, democratic, nonviolent values, becoming change provocateur.
If you wish to commit yourself in every aspect of solidarity, if you don’t like to turn your back on social and environmental challenges of our era, you are seeking for Emmaus volunteering camp:
- You will work in our traditional activities (collection, sorting, selling, recycling, repairing of used objects), that characterize Emmaus Communities.
- You will support us in the organization and realization of solidarity actions.
- You will work side by side with “Compagnons” (people who live and work inside the Community) enriching you with their great human experience, in fact the person most helped…she’s not always who you think she is!
- You will appreciate the real value of time and life, far away from waste and unnecessary things.
In the heart of Tuscany, surrounded by nature, between vineyards and olive groves, it will be possible to experience something unique made of civic passion and ancient beauty; you will have an entire day free (at your own expense) to visit historical sites around Arezzo (20 km), Cortona (40km), Siena (50km), Firenze (60 km) or Camaldoli monastery (60 km) and so on.
Volunteers will take part to:
- Self-financing activities of Emmaus Movement (exit with the truck for collection of used furniture by appointment, selection and displaying of used objects around the market; dismantling and sorting of ferrous metals recoverable; activities aiming to raise awareness and sale of objects in Emmaus second-hand market);
- Renovation of Community areas (cleaning, painting, gardening etc);
- Promotion of the Association on the surrounding region and on social media (video, flash mob, poster, flyering)
- Collecting and sorting of documents to realize an historical archive (physical and virtual), dedicated to Emmaus Laterina founder and his wife, Franco e Margit Bettoli.
The volunteering camp can welcome max 8 persons, in three participation turns:
1°Shift: max. 8 persons, from July, 23 to July, 30 (1 week, registration fee: 30 euro);
2°Shift: max. 8 persons, from July, 30 to August, 6 (1 week, registration fee: 30 euro);
3° Shift: max. 8 persons, from August, 6 to August, 13 (1 week, registration fee: 30 euro)