RULES AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
IN THE INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERS CAMP OF PALERMO 2015
Any experience of community life requires a sharing of ideals, commitment and also rules that will ensure a good, effective life in common. To manage complex situations in the best possible way at the level of the organization, and prevent critical problems and risks that could derive from inappropriate behavior in a difficult context such as that of a large metropolitan city, and at the same time safeguard the image of the movement and the credibility of its message, Emmaus Italia has prepared a document, in relation to the events organized in PALERMO, that should facilitate the understanding of the general organization, and establish in a clear and unequivocal manner the rules and conditions for participation to which each volunteer must agree at the time of registration, and comply with during all his or her stay at the INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERS CAMP OF PALERMO 2015.
RULES AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Participation at the INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERS CAMP OF PALERMO 2015 and in all the activities is absolutely voluntary; the volunteers offer their time and labor free of charge, and no payment is contemplated, either directly or indirectly.
- Emmaus Italia will house the volunteers at no charge in structures in the city that it will manage during the entire period of the initiative.
- Every volunteer must be in possession of valid personal documents and personal insurance policy in case of illness and hospitalization.
- Emmaus Italia is not able to provide the necessary documentation for participation of persons from outside the EU.
- Volunteers must be aware that participation in the activities of the camp will require physical effort and considerable adaptability, so we ask you to carefully evaluate your participation if you have any physical or psychological impairment. In any case it is a good idea to communicate with the camp management in advance so that we can do our best to permit the best possible participation compatibly with any real objective and organization limitations. In any case, the camp cannot ensure personal assistance, so every participant should be as self-sufficient as possible.
- The camp is also unable to accept people who have particular problems of addiction to alcohol or drugs, or severe deviant behaviours or psychological disorders. For problems of this type it is advisable to contact suitable communities or structures directly.
- As regards participation by Emmaus community members, it is necessary for the leader of the community of origin to contact the camp manager in advance, and guarantee for the person’s participation. In any case, the camp cannot take responsibility for people who have particular problems of addiction or hardship in progress, or who need assistance from the financial and human standpoint.
EMMAUS ITALIA will provide:
- accommodations and meals (basic and simple, supplied by CARITAS PALERMO)
- insurance coverage against accidents for the entire period of participation and all the transportation required in connection with the activity. This does not include other costs that are absolutely for the account of the participants (travel to and from the camp, personal expenses, etc.).
- Each volunteer must behave in a manner appropriate to the message and lifestyle that Emmaus proposes
- a sober, simple lifestyle,
- serious, decorous behavior in the camp and outside it
- attention to the common needs and respect for others, aside from any difference of political or religious belief
WE ALSO REQUIRE:
- Abstention from alcoholic beverages and any type of drug
- Respect of schedules and duties assigned and participation in the camp activities
- Strict prohibition to request or accept gifts in cash (including tips) either personally or for Emmaus for the entire period of the camp, at any time, in any form and in any place. Anyone who wishes to contribute to Emmaus projects should be given the current account number of Emmaus Italia
- Absolute prohibition to take or accept material personally (not for Emmaus) for the entire period of the camp on any occasion, in any form and in any place. Anyone interested in purchasing the material collected can do so in the manner established by the managers and communicated at the beginning of each camp session
- Respect of the structures made available by the organization and by third parties
- Every participant must be equipped with safety footwear, safety gloves and work clothes
- Every participant must be equipped with everything necessary for their stay as specified in the important information
The initiatives will be coordinated by a general manager and by the managers of each structure and every sector of activity. They will be the references for the volunteer participants for every specific situation.
REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION
- Individuals or groups of Italian and foreign volunteers may register for the INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERS CAMP OF PALERMO 2015 if they are 18 or over.
- The minimum participation is one session (7 days) and the maximum participation is two sessions (14 days). Longer stays will be taken into consideration in exceptional cases, and evaluated by the camp managers.
- Registration is exclusively online. To register you must:
- fill out the registration form you find at the website www.emmaus.it and sent it, read the important information and read and accept these conditions for participation
- Wait for confirmation of your registration from the Emmaus Italia administration office
- Pay, within one week of acceptance, a contribution for participation of 30 euros via bank transfer to the current account of Emmaus Italia (IBAN: IIT32U0501802800000000101287 – BIC: CCRTIT2T84A – Reason: contribution for participation in the volunteers camp of PALERMO 2015). Send a copy of the receipt for the bank transfer via e-mail or fax to the administration office: email@example.com (+39) 06.97658777
NOTE: The contribution for participation is understood as an offer for the initiatives of Emmaus and as a commitment for participation. It cannot be refunded. Failure to pay the contribution will automatically cancel the registration.
The final program with the exact address of the structure of destination (in the city of Palermo, in any case) will be communicated at least 15 days before the start of the session chosen.
All subsequent communications after registration will be by e-mail only.
These conditions for participation must be accepted and signed at the time of registration using the online REGISTRATION FORM